Wednesday, April 26, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challange - Day 15

Day 15: One of your favorite cards from the 2010s.

Maybe the hardest decade to choose from.  So many cards, but in the end I picked one of my favorite modern Robin Yount cards.  Not a relic or autograph, but just a simple base card.  This card also happens to be a parallel, but that's just because I couldn't find my scan of the base.

It's funny when this card showed up I was a little taken back seeing Robin decked out for one of his other passions.  But after looking through the set this card is unique.  It's the only card in the set featuring a player doing something not related to baseball.  Sure there are a few picks with players in suits and not on the field, but not doing anything else.  Fellow Yount collector Tony L and I both joked that we'd love to see a combo card of Robin and Paul Molitor playing golf in Allen and Ginter this year.  The photo was taken from a session that produced the card image for Robin's 1992 Pinnacle #287 Sidelines subset card.

I really like the overall look of the set as well.  With a borderless, full-bleed front, a nod to the Fleer sets from the late 90's, and great photo choices it all works well for the set.


1 comment: