Thursday, March 30, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 3

Day 3 - A card from the first set you tried to complete.

It's funny how many other collectors I've interacted with also list 1987 Topps Baseball as the first set they tried to put together.  1987 would mark the year I officially became a baseball card collector.  Before that I had dabbled with a pack here and there and of course I was all in with Garbage Pail Kids.  But the 1987 set is the first set I built.  I'm sure I've still got the original set somewhere.

And I chose a card of a player I really liked and still like, one of the last two sport players and a guy who's career got cut way to short.  


1 comment:

  1. Love me the 87T set. It marks a huge moment on my collecting timeline when I transitioned from collector to investor.

    ReplyDelete