Monday, January 12, 2015

2014 The Year in Review




I figured I'd start the new year with a look back at my State of the Blog address from last year and the goals I put out to see how well I did.

If you're like me and don't remember what I wrote you can see the full post here.

I have to say off the bat I did terrible keeping to my collecting resolutions.

My first goal was to buy less unopened product and to just buy complete sets.  Well that didn't happen.  I managed to put together a full Series 1, and I'm still working on Series 2, Update, Topps Football, Allen and Ginter and I also am attempting Topps Prime, because I found some hobby boxes cheap.  And for some reason I started putting together the Donruss set, but never bothered opening any Series 2.

2.  Add some of the 1909-1911 T206 Brewers cards to my collection.  My actual goal was to try and add just one.  And I failed.  I haven't acquired any.

3. Post more.  Well seeing as this year I posted the fewest times since I started blogging I can say this was a huge fail.  I have lots of good excuses.  Work, baby, lack of cool products to blog about, but in the end I just didn't do it.

4. Stay the course.  I don't know what kind of goal this was, but it was pretty easy.  I kept on doing what I was doing, although just not a lot of it.  We saw a few great bloggers hang up their keyboards last year and I'm just glad to say I'm still here for now.

5. Put together a Topps sampler album.  This is still something I really want to do, I just never got around to it.  I lost all my collecting space when my son was born so what little space I've been able to keep in the house is pretty full, but I will probably carry this one over for this year.

6. Bring my total Robin Yount collection up over 1000 items.  Finally something I can hold my head high for.  The fact that it took me almost all year to do and that Robin had almost 300 new cards issued for him this year is besides the point.  I was able to jump over 1000 items and I'm not stopping.

7. Lose 30 pounds.  Ha that didn't happen, but I didn't gain 30 pounds either, so I'm even.

All in all I think I did pretty terrible with my goals, 2 out of 7 is less than 30%, but such is life.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, when it comes to collecting goals, that's not too shabby. Especially #6.

    ReplyDelete