Monday, February 24, 2014

Thank you, Mr. Ramis, Thank you


In a very disturbing trend I'm finding myself posting my third obituary on the blog this year.  It's with a heavy heart that I woke up this morning and found out that one of my favorite comedy writer, director, and actors of all time has passed away this morning.  Egon Spengler himself Harold Ramis.

I am a huge fan of Animal House, Caddyshack, Stripes and Ghostbusters. All movies that helped define my youth and my twisted sense of humor.  I was really looking forward to Ghostbusters III and hopes that the franchise could be revived and updated for the modern times, not that the original doesn't still stand on it's own.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I never got an autograph from Mr. Ramis, though I wished I had. Had I known that Ramis was in ailing health I probably would have at least made an attempt, at least a nice fan letter, but I thought I had time, he was only 69.  Gone way too soon.

Rest in Piece Mr. Harold Ramis.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard about this yet. This is really sad news. He was always my favorite Ghostbuster because he was the most like me as a child. I was always smart and nerdy and Mr. Ramis always made me feel like it wasn't a bad thing to be like that. RIP

    ReplyDelete