Thursday, June 20, 2013

2013 Topps Basball Series 2 Jumbo Box Break

I haven't bought many cards in the last few months.  Partly to save money and partly because there was really nothing I wanted to open.  But as a set collector and a collector that has tried to put together Topps sets since I started collecting it's hard to pass up opening a jumbo box of Series 2.  Collation has been really good lately and I know that I should get a complete series 2 set out of box, which I did

I won't bore you with pictures of the base design and the continuity inserts, but there are a few new inserts this go around.
First the 3 new inserts.. Making the Mark
Chase it down...
and the Elites
I really like the Elites, even if they look just like the Greats insert from Series 1 and have a lot of the same players in it.  The other two inserts are pretty ho-hum.
On to the "hits"
My dollar relic card
My auto and my manurelic.
I was also lucky enough to get a few extras in the box.  A black parallel..

a camo and a silk....
of Jacob Turner.  

All in all not a bad box. I always enjoy pulling a could extra hits even if they aren't the superstars.  And I did get all the other gold and emerald parallels and all the other inserts and code cards.

Just an FYI I won't be around much this summer, but everything is available for trade, just realize it might take a long while to get a trade done with me right now.

cb out.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on pulling the silk... one of my favorite parallels of the era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll trade you for all the extra Cardinals cards you have. Email me at cardscrush99@yahoo.com if you would be interested in starting up a trade. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete