Friday, May 4, 2012

TTM Success Billy Jo Robidoux


It's been a little slow in the TTM returns area here at the Crack.  I sent a couple large mailings the end of March - first part of April.  I guess I was getting excited with all the quick returns I got from Spring Training, and next year I will be hitting that source much harder.  But I got home to day to a couple of bubble mailers from some ebay purchases and low and behold one of my TTM return envelopes.

Mr. Billy Jo Robidoux!!!  I remember seeing Billy Jo play in El Paso when my father was stationed there in the mid to late 80's.  Billy Jo was in Milwaukee's farm system since 1982, but got his first call up in 1985 and played fill in for 4 years before playing for the White Sox and then the Red Sox for a year each.

He played in El Paso for the Diablos in 1985 and 1986.  And I remember him being one of the better guys on the team.  But what I really remember is how much the announcer liked saying his name over the PA.  
Next up Billy Jo Robidoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I sent Billy Jo 2 cards, a LOR, and a SASE and he was nice enough to send them both back signed very nicely in blue sharpe.  From what I could find out Mr. Robidoux umpires high school baseball in Massachusetts now.
I sent his 1986 Topps Traded Rookie Card.  Which is nice since this is the first '86 I've gotten back for the TTM project.

And my second 1987 Topps.  Dale Sveum gets the official spot in the TTM project, but we'll put Billy Jo up there too to keep him company.


Return envelope for those who care.


TTM Stats

Sent 2 cards, LOR, and SASE.

Date Sent 3/26/12
Date recieved: 5/3/12

Address used
Billy Jo Robidoux 
2 King George Dr
Ware, MA 01082-9799

Thanks Billy Jo!

1 comment: