Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The 1963 Topps Project

First a little shout out to Justin over at The Hopeful Chase for setting up my first trade of the year and on New Years Day to boot!  And thanks to Tony over at the Common (Card) Man for giving me a kick in the pants to finally get my Frank Thomas checklist up on the page over there.

If you waded through my State of the Collection post, Thank you.  If you didn't well I understand.  It's more a post for me anyways. It's always good to put down some guide lines and I'm glad to see similar postings all over the blogosphere.  My #5 goal was to start a vintage set.  This isn't that I need something to put more money into or that I don't already have enough on my plate, it's more I wanted to try and slowly piece together a cool vintage set.  I was torn between the 1963 and 1965 Topps Baseball sets.  I really like both designs.  In the end I decided to go with the 1963.  Why, I don't know.  It's sure not that the cards are cheap.  There are some major cards in this set.  Pete Rose's rookie card, Mickey Mantle, Warren Spahn, Hank Aaron, ect, ect.  I've already begun testing the waters of eBay and COMC's and picked up some nice commons for pretty cheap.  I've got those coming but will start this off with the two 1963's I already own.  Both of these came from Topps Cards Your Mother Threw Out giveaway last year.

104 Lew Krausse 




149 Marv Breeding






PS Don't forget about my Super Bowl contest!! Only 3 more days till go time.  Go HERE to enter and win some great vintage football and maybe a nice relic card.

No comments:

Post a Comment