Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Yehaw I'm going to Spring Training.



Well the tickets are booked the time share is acquired and the suntan lotions is bought.  Now wait.  You may remember I got married back in July. July is a terrible time to leave the state of Alaska.  One because it's a super busy time for my job and two there is no snow on the ground and it isn't freezing.  Winter or early spring is the time to leave Alaska.  As one of our wedding gifts some friends gave us their time share where ever we wanted.  We had thought about Hawaii, but after looking at how much airfare or using miles would cost us, my wife suggested Arizona, in March.  Yes, she suggested it.  I looked at her funny when she brought it up, but then she said "Spring Training duh!"  Plus she really wants to go see the Grand Canyon.  It's been over 20 years since I went to go see the Grand Canyon. I'm sure the Canyon itself probably hasn't changed much, but everything else around it has.  So with our sights set on Arizona we were a little disappointed to find out we couldn't get anything near Phoenix.  Surprising huh, height of Spring Training, so we opted for a nice middle ground between the Grand Canyon and baseball, Sedona.  As luck would have it we also have some older friends who winter in Tuscon, so we'll probably head south for a couple days too.  I think we figure to catch a couple of games, one for my Brew Crew and one for her Cubbies and a nice trip up to the canyon and who knows what else.  I'm just pretty excited to get to go.  I realize that baseball just ended, but I'm chomping at the bit to see the Spring Training schedule.  It would be awesome to go catch a Brewers/Cubs game.

Anyone been down to Spring Training lately?  I'm really hoping to get a couple autos while I'm down there too.

cb out

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip - I'm a bit jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to see the Royals a few times. They share a campus with the Rangers in Surprise. Autographs have always been plentiful. Many teams have open practice that you can watch in the mornings before the games. I have found players to welcome signing as they are heading back to the locker room after their morning workouts. Otherwise, just man the sideline of your preferred team before the game in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you are coming to spring training. Maybe we can get tickets to the same games. I missed out on spring training last year cause I was searching for a job but I plan on getting to some games next year.

    Funny thing is my wife and I are contemplating a trip to Alaska next summer. One of her clients has a cabin and vehicle up there and offered it to us whenever we want.

    ReplyDelete