Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cynicalbuddha's Top 100 #7

Sometimes you can't argue with greatness.  I only wish I had bought more of this when it came out in 1989.  I'll be honest after this set most of Scores releases in the 1990 are pretty forgettable.  But this set has not only Barry's rookie, but Aikman's as well.  This was at one time the most valuable card in my collection. 

I only wish Barry could have gotten out of the turd blanket that was the 80's and 90's Lion teams.  Who knows what this guy could have become if you had a half way decent team around him.  And to be honest Barry did incredible things while in Detroit, taking the Lions to multiple playoff appearances, but never reaching the grand prize.  There was a lot of controversy over Sanders retirement.  He was posed to surpass Walter Payton's rushing record and still probably had years left in the tank.  Being a Packers fan I still remember rooting for Sanders though. 

So #7 on the List
1989 Score Football Barry Sanders rookie card #257



cb out

No comments:

Post a Comment