Sunday, August 14, 2011

Trade with Nomo's Sushi Platter

I figure I had better get this post in before I leave for the field and forget again.

Michael Spiegel over at Nomo's Sushi Platter emailed me a while back out of the blue and said he had a Yovani Gallardo Rookie Jersey card that we would be willing to trade and asked if I wanted it.  Well being the Brewers fan that I am of course I said yes and I'm always looking for new trading opportunities.  Spiegel is a Dodgers fan and like me a Braun fan as well.  Well my Dodger's trade bait was running low, seems that there are a ton of you bloggers out there that collect the Dodger's but I started digging through my boxes and came out with a 2003 Fleer Nomo jersey relic and I also found a few 81's he needed for his set.  I asked if that was good enough and a trade was struck, but Spiegel surprised the hell out of me with the stack he sent my way. 

First here's the grand prize of the trade.


In the stack was this beauty too.

A 2010 Upper Deck gold #d to 99 Sweet

Spiegel even sent over a vintage 74 Brewer that I needed for my team set


A 2011 Topps Series 2 Brandon Kintzler Rookie Sparkley that I also needed for that team set

 A couple of 2003 Topps Gallery Brewers, I love these cards.  Super thick stock and shiny. The scan doesn't due them justice.
He also sent along a nice assortment of Brauns and CC's

And a nice Carlos Gomez SP from 2011 Ginter.

I have to say I was feeling a little guilty that I didn't send more Spiegel's but he told me not to worry about it.  But I have a feeling he's going to be getting a nice little package from me in the near future. 

Got one more post ready to go, but I'm leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for the wilds of Alaska so I'll be reporting back in about 2 weeks or so.

CB out.

1 comment: